Friday, October 31, 2014

Guardiola was disrespectful to me, says Mandzukic

Agen Bola Terpercaya Cityholidaybet Reported - Atletico Madrid striker Mario Mandzukic has hit out at Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola for treating him with a lack of respect. The Croatia international was a key figure in Jupp Heynckes' treble-winning side in 2012-13, but the Spaniard's arrival saw the 28-year-old spend much of last season on the bench. The arrival of Robert Lewandowkski on a free transfer when his contract with Borussia Dortmund came to an end in June spelt the end for Mandzukic at the Allianz Arena and he has now revealed a lingering bitterness towards his former coach. "Guardiola disappointed me. He didn't treat me with respect. He didn't let me become Bundesliga top scorer. Everything was twice as good under Jupp Heynckes - and that's not just my opinion," Mandzukic told Sportske Novosti. "What if he were to invite me for a cup of coffee? It's not going to happen... In my professional life, I don't have to like or dislike any one, but if I feel a certain negative energy with someone, I try to avoid a person like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment