Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Lambert: Wearing the No.9 shirt for Liverpool is special

Agen Bola Terpercaya Cityholidaybet Reported - Rickie Lambert has admitted he is overjoyed at being handed the No. 9 shirt for Liverpool after making his debut in a pre-season friendly win at Preston North End. The 32-year-old striker follows in the footsteps of the likes of Robbie Fowler, Fernando Torres and Ian Rush in wearing the iconic shirt and, as a boyhood fans, says he would have been happy with any number after joining the club from Southampton. "I've always seen myself as a No.9 as it's the type of player I am, and to get it at Liverpool is unbelievable," the close-season signing told Liverpool's official website. "I would have been happy with any number because as long as that badge is on the front I would have been happy with any shirt, but to get No.9 is special for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment